Thursday, December 1, 2011

Occupy My Life

As we walked up the sidewalk, Megan and I hoped and prayed that the Marche (one of the very few late night dining options at UVM) would be open so there might be a chance at snagging some Ben and Jerry's for the night. Just as we came close, I could see through the windows that the lights in the Marche seemed pretty dark, and one of the door cages was down. The placed was closed. It had to be closed. But maybe there was a chance it was open. It was probably closed. But it has to be open. Ben and Jerry's depends on it! I ran up to the door in the harried hope that maybe...just maybe a miracle would happen and the door would magically be open just so I could get my hands on some creamy, sweet, and delicious Ben and Jerry's ice cream to relieve my stress. But when I pulled on the handle, the door wouldn't budge. I wept. I literally started crying as we walked back to the car, and then I thought to myself:

I'm crying right now because the Marche was closed so I couldn't get Ben and Jerry's. What is wrong with me?

Then I looked at my life, and looked at my choices, and realized that there was a lot wrong with me. Things have been pretty hectic in my camp with school and as one of the lighting designers with UVM's The Toys Take Over Christmas. It's been crazy, and there's been quite a lot of crying the past three days. The good news is the show is this weekend, so all the work we've been putting in will come to a head. Maybe soon I'll get a chance to finally occupy my life instead of being a bystander to all of the stress going on around me.


More good news: I got Ben and Jerry's tonight and the smell of frosty Christmas is in the air. Happy December!

My Christmas tradition: this song on repeat. 'Tis the season!


Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment