Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

Happy Groundhog Day! or as I like to call it CRAZY BLIZZARD DAY! Seriously this storm is like, "RAWR EASTERN SEA BOARD YOU'RE MINE!" Personally I think it's a little selfish of Mother Nature considering how school still wasn't cancelled today on account of wild snow/ice conditions. Theatre History was cancelled though, and the box office was closed today which provided a pretty good break during the day. The view out my window was awesome.






It's like all of Burlington is a cloud, and I just sit alone in my castle surveying this cloud. Pretty cool, huh? However, this morning when Punxsutawney Phil crawled his cute little butt out of his hole, he did not see his shadow. You know what that means? Early spring coming our way!


Punxsutawney Phil Groundhog Day
He's pretty darn cute, right?
I decided to announce the fact that our friend Phil decided on an early spring in the theater green room. I was just being funny and making conversation when some random person replied,

"That's just stupid bullshit."

I was like, "EXCUSE ME!? WHAT YOU SAYIN'?" I was not impressed. Where's your spirit? Did you lose all sense of whimsy? I was about ready to defend my groundhog standpoint. This was me:

Click on the picture and you'll see!
...but the guy left before I could defend my magical groundhog. Seriously, where have people's senses of imagination, fun, and whimsy gone? What's wrong with believing in something or just having fun? Sure, I know that PP (my nickname for good ole Phil) can't really predict the weather with his shadow, but I'm not going to walk around being bitter about the fact. Sometimes I seriously think science is a bad thing. Humans were not meant to have all the "answers." I mean, I could say gravity is stupid bullshit if I wanted to, it's just a theory. So let me believe in my groundhog, and don't rain on other people's parade when their beliefs conflict with your own perfect world.

Thank you.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment