Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Birthday

In case any of you didn't know, and I honestly can't find anyway you wouldn't know I mean, jeez...it was my 19th birthday this past weekend, and it was a pretty amazing birthday weekend at that. My birthday this year really revealed the love that exists in my life and really just how beautiful life can be. It all started last week when Megan came and spent a couple nights with me at Converse which hasn't happened in a long time. Of course, this happened while Twelfth Night was finishing its last rehearsals before tech so it got a little crazy so by Friday night, I was pooped and I got even more pooped after a long rehearsal that night. But it was a good kind of pooped, obviously.

Cast, crew, and orchestra photo!
Saturday made up for all the poopedness. After sleeping in which was wonderful, and much needed, Megan and I took the bus to Williston to go watch No Strings Attached which was actually a really good movie.
It's really weird because Natalie Portman is in like a million movies recently. It's like her agent was on crack when they scheduled her for all of these movies...

Anyway, back on topic: so we had a really good time watching the movie when we decided we were so hungry we could eat like a baby dinosaur so we went to Chili's for lunch! It was soooooooooooo good! Perfect birthday meal seriously. So then after going to Toy's R Us (see post It's the Little Things) and after going to PetSmart to look at puppies, kittens, birds, and fish, we walked through a snow tornado, took the bus, and went back to the Q to do homework.

As if that wasn't enough, the next day was tech day for Twelfth Night so that means a 9-9 day. I got to the theater a little earlier than everyone else so I was just chilling in the green room when all of a sudden everyone comes in and starts singing Happy Birthday to me. It was kind of amazing. Then at our lunch break, I'm just sitting there eating pizza when all of a sudden my friend Kendra brings over this cake and announces my birthday. I freak out 1) because I love being surprised with cakes and 2) the cake was in the shape of Doctor Who's TARDIS. If you don't know what that is, that's okay. A lot of people don't, but it made my day.

Then everyone said happy birthday to me and we finished the tech. It was such a fantastic day. How I described it at the time was that I was overwhelmed with love. I think that's the perfect way to describe this birthday. Thank you to everyone for making it so special and thanks to Megan for my amazing birthday presents and a beautiful day. I love you!

And now, tonight is the night! Opening night! Hope you all come out to see the show! Here's my hair:

Opening Night
Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, hun! I'm glad you had such a great birthday this year. Just think, soon it'll be my birthday and then we get to do this all over again!!!!! <3 Ai ai ai!!!

    ReplyDelete