Friday, May 21, 2010

Episode 616: What They Died For

The summer is shaping up. I have started work and found it to be not as bad as first thought. I'm not actually dreading going there. Don't get me wrong, I really still don't want to go, but at least it's not immediate terror and despair that goes into the process. Meanwhile, the LI Theater Company along with the Special Olympics Caledonia County division in Vermont put on the "Special Olympics Showcase" which is a combination of the work from acting classes, student directors, and this year the Special Olympics kids. It was a great show and it revealed I think to a lot of people who came for the Special Olympics show but were sort of force fed LI Theater in the process the power of art and why theater is important. Bravo!

Also, I recieved my grades for this last semester and they ended up all being A's except for science. Go figure. This makes my GPA for the year a 3.88. Rock on! I'm so excited to start the new school year I can taste it, but hopefully when things really pick up for the summer it will go by faster. Please make it go by faster! Anyway, not having the internet is another problem seriously getting on my nerves, as you know. I've officially given up on all of my Facebook games (a tragedy, I know), and the only way I can communicate with my director this summer is through email. It makes things a little difficult.

The other day, someone asked me if I was adjusting back into home life from college for the summer. The answer was no, not really. It's hard to go from having so much freedom and the ability to do anything in Burlington to not having freedom and having absolutely nothing to do but work in Lyndonvillle. The only things keeping me and everyone else who has recently returned to Lville for the summer are the friends. Seeing everyone again, friends past and present, was amazing. We instantly all reconnected. Even my cats and I reconnected completely. Except for the other night. My cat Patches always sleeps on my bed, and I love that but sometimes she's in my way. So the other night when I returned home from the showcase I moved her and she got mad. She growled and ran across the bed and out of the room, snarling the whole time. Five minues later, she comes in to my room and slowly makes her way to my head and starts kneading her paws into my pillow and purring. Then she lays down and snuggles up next to me. I love my cat.

Anyway, it's time for the Lost blog. The last new episode before the series finale on Sunday! Oh, and before I forget, check this out: http://www.lost365.com/.

SPOILER ALERT! http://abc.go.com/ SPOILER ALERT!
It was like a total meet & greet with Jacob dude! Seeing everyone with Jacob was kind of weird because it sort of tied up the mystical and the realistic aspects of the show. It was done tastefully though, and not in a corny way. All I have to say is that I KNEW it was going to be Jack! Although, probably everyone knew it was going to be Jack, I mean he's the one that's dealt with his issues most in the show, and had the most complete character change from a man of science to a man of faith. Now this man of faith has to act because FLocke is going to destroy the island.

Speaking of FLocke (I really hope we find out his name in the series finale), he finally found Ben, Richard, and Miles and so did we. However, their plan didn't work out so well because now Richard is a little under the weather (or dead, who knows?) and Ben has joined FLocke's side after the death of Widmore (and Zoe, but we don't really care about her. She looks like Sarah Palin.) During that scene, it seemed to show the audience that the Widmore vs. Ben struggle isn't the central (or even necessarily important) struggle on the island. It appeared to show us that their blows were part of a personal vendetta, not anything actually having to do with the destiny of the island. It's all Jacob vs. FLocke man!

The final aspect of this episode I want to mention is Desmond and the Flash-Sideways. Desmond is like Jacob in the flash-sideways world in the way he is bringing everyone together. And it appears as if this concert (Charlie much?) is the key for getting them all together. How this is going to play out is beyond me, but I can't wait to see it. It seems as though Desmond is fulfilling his destiny because of what FLocke said about Desmond being the "fail safe." Hopefully this doesn't mean the death of everyone. That would be bad.
Can't wait for Sunday night! It all comes down to this. Everything we have hoped for, loved, and been inspired by is going to be finishing. Hope you have an epic Lost party!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment