Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's Okay To Be Sensitive

Thursday morning I walked out of my dorm to find a tiny little kitten sitting on the walkway. I had seen this kitten before wandering around; I think one of the people who live in the apartment complex next to my dorm owns it. The kitty did have a collar, only the tiny thing was sopping wet and looked like it had been out there all night. It also looked like something...or someone...had scratched the poor thing. It looked like it had dried blood on its snout. I started talking to the kitty, and bent down to pet it. It cried out to me and started rubbing up against my leg. I felt SO bad, but I had to go to class. I figured if it lived in the complex next door, then it would get back. After all, I had seen it around before. On my way up the hill to class, however, I started to feel really bad, and almost started crying because I did absolutely nothing to help the poor kitten.

I promise, this is going somewhere.

On another note, I completely finished my flat! It's toes awesome! :)

Thursday night we all wanted to go out for the very last time this semester. I accidentally left my ID in my room. My UVM room. So, twenty minutes and a very fast run later, I made it to the club. This is all because I don't like to carry my wallet all the time. I hate the way it feels in my pocket. I don't know, I just don't like it. Also Thursday night I auditioned to be in the UPlayers Caberet Night (which is tonight). I got in with my totally awesome sappy song "We Kiss In A Shadow" from The King And I. Hooray for Rogers and Hammerstein!

Yesterday was the honors dinner for the theatre at UVM. It was a really touching event. Everyone was basically crying, people were getting awards, parents were proud, and food was to be had! It was a really great occasion, and I was so happy to have been a part of it.

Last night and into this morning we packed up 308. The walls were blank and the place was extremely barren. This morning we were all talking on the couch when Megan said, "Wow...it really echos in here now." Yeah, it does. It was a really sad time, and the group hug didn't make the sadness any better. 120 days without each other. 4 months without the awesomeness that is our love. Bye guys, have an amazing summer.

Here's the conclusion:

Some people think I'm way too sensitive. Just these events here basically prove that. But you know what, if I wasn't sensitive, I wouldn't be the same person I am now. And I like the person I am today. So I'm going to continue being sensitive, if you don't like it then tough.

Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. I like the person you are too! Stay true to yourself always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laurie!!! (She knows best.) ;)

    I miss you hun. Come back to me!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww thank you!! :D i miss you too hun!!! RAWR!!! <3

    ReplyDelete