Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Iris Eva Howland


The show ended with a bang! Curtains ended its run on Saturday night with an amazing weekend. Megan loved the show and enjoyed herself ushering as you can tell from her blog, Erin was astounded by the show, and Mrs. Fields even showed up to join the fun! I seriously think it was the most fun I've ever had with a show. Thank you once again to the entire cast and crew (and of course, Lynn) for an epic summer, it has been a joy. But now, I am in a week of transition. College is so close that I can literally taste it, and it tastes pretty damn good. My to-do list is shrinking however along with my three page checklist. Megan helped me pack on Monday which was much obliged. Of course, with the two of us you know there are going to be some hilarious shenanigans going down. Megan served as a very good coat rack as I pulled shirt after shirt after (my favorite vest) shirt from my closet and hung them on her hands. Then I went to grab my ghetto Space Bag (I say that because it's a cheap knock-off on the real deal) and the whole bottom blew off, sending all of my bedding stuff I had packed in there flying. Then when I went to deflate it again once we picked everything up, the bottom literally exploded.

Needless to say, packing has been a daunting task, but it's almost done! Just some last minute things to pick up and then it should be basically finished. Also, one of this week's goals is to finish certain appointments. Monday was a haircut, and today was an eye exam complete with a new pair of glasses.
I like them. I think they add a cool, urban, and professional look. Duh, obviously.
Also, another awesome piece of news is that at 12:30 this morning, my sister-in-law finally had her baby! We have been waiting for this baby to arrive all summer. So on Sunday (a week past the due date) my brother and his wife decided it was time. And now we have our beautiful Iris Eva Howland, my first niece.

Unfortunetely, we also recieved some bad news today as well. One of my very good friend's father passed away last night. I just want to give a shout out to her if she is reading this and let her know that we are all totally here to support you and to give you anything you need, even if that is as simple as a hug or someone to just listen. We love you, and I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

In a way, it goes to show that things sometimes have a way of working out. One life begins, and another ends. So in this period of transition, I wish everyone the best of luck and the strength to make it through.

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan, I'm sitting here with Iris, Katey and Chad and we read your blog post about Iris. Love it! :)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete