Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Over

Yesterday I walked out of McDonald's with my head held high and with a smile on my face. It was my last day for the summer. Giddy does not entirely describe how felt. This summer has gone by so fast, and now it seems almost impossible that it is ending. Eden is already back in Plymouth and has started her new job in a fantastic coffee shop downtown. Megan gets done at Kinney Drugs in the middle of this week. My boss even made me a cake for my last day which was really nice.


Curtains is also finishing its run this weekend. Tonight is our second opening night and we round out the show tomorrow night. Megan is coming to usher closing night and Erin with her new husband Jason are coming from Montpelier to make a guest appearance in the audience on closing night. We have had a fantastic run, and I have been so proud to work on this show. Susan-Lynn (the assistant director) told the cast at our opening night party at Hoagie's that this show was the best QNEK had ever produced. I am so proud to have been a part of this wonderful show and to have met these amazing people. On Wednesday I went to the Orleans Fair with Kat, Lissy (Lynn's stepdaughter), and Chase (Also in the show. He owns his own theater company! Check it out here.) and we had such a good time. Thank you once again for welcoming me to QNEK everyone and thank you making it such a fantastic summer! To check out the pictures taken by Kingdom Wedding Photography, click here.

And now, in this next coming week, I have so much to do. I have several appointments to attend, including finding a new pair glasses which should be fun. I also have a three page college checklist to pack up, and a massive to-do list which includes cleaning my room. Yeah, that's going to happen. Somehow...


Another sign of the end of summer is that I only have two more opportunities to go to the Lyndonville Farmer's Market which has surprisingly grown during the summer and has become very impressive. Congrats Lville! I'm enjoying my last few days in the NEK because pretty soon I'll be leaving it. No more quite Lville nights, this Farmer's Market, 95.7 NEK independant radio, QNEK, McD's, family, and cats. It will be a sad goodbye, but I'm so excited for new adventures in another year of college. Thank you for sharing this amazing summer with me. Go out and enjoy the last few days of summer!


Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. well, I can't wait to see you <33

    And that's a kickass cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psssst....you're about a week and 3 days away from havinig 24/7 internet again. BLOGGER-CAN YOU HANDLE IT????

    ReplyDelete
  3. your gonna have SUCH a great year...thank u for ur posts and i love you!

    ReplyDelete