Sunday, August 29, 2010

Move In Day 2010

My cat wanted to be packed into the car last night too. Unfortunetely, I couldn't bring her.
After helping each other load in our respective crap into our respective cars, Megan and I headed out at 7 o'clock this morning for the amazing Burly World to begin another year of college adventures. Ashley meanwhile arrived at 308 at eight in the morning and had to fight with public safety to get into the dorm. Megan arrived at 308 shortly afterward and I arrived at my giant castle of a dorm at UVM. The move was a daunting task seeing how my single was located on the fifth floor of said castle. And my boxes were heavy.

It took over an hour and a half to drag all of my heavy boxes, a mini fridge, a microwave, a TV, and a trunk up those flights of stairs. I thought my poor mother was going to pass out. And of course today had to be the hottest day EVER. Once we had moved some of the stuff into the room, we decided to try to loft the bed because the room was amazingly tiny, and I was nervous about my crap not fitting into the closet that is my room. That was not the smartest thing to try. The space was so small that there was no way to maneuver the bed into a position to even attempt to pull the metal beams apart to loft the pesky thing. Basically the result was a lot of sweat and myself being pinned up against the wall. It was fun.

Anyway, everything finally made its way into my room, including my books. I was not, however, able to get into the theater to sign up for an interview time for this work study job in the box office I'm working on getting my hands on. After we were done, my mom and I drove over to 308 to meet Megan, her gram, her mom, Ashley, and her mom so we could all caravan our way to Olive Garden for lunch. AMAZING. If I made a top 10 of my favorite restaurants, Olive Garden would definitely be near the top. It was absolutely necessary after the pain of move in day.

The rest of the day was filled with unpacking, getting Joe his stuff that he left at my house during the summer, saying goodbye, laying around 308 snacking on leftover Olive Garden and watermelon, and more unpacking.

All in all, it was a good day and I finally conquered my room. Everything is put away and unpacked. And hey, this closet of a room is growing on me. I think it kind of shocked me at first seeing how tiny it really was, but now I see the good in it. This is going to be an awesome year, so let's get the ball rolling! I'm off to bed, first day of class tomorrow! Have a good night, everyone.

Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't mention your kick ass sketchy common room! you've got to. because it's wicked sketchy and awesome. obvs. I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha <3 I will don't worry there'll be a whole post dedicated just to that.

    ReplyDelete