Monday, January 25, 2010

The Pirates of Penzance

This past weekend, I returned to Lyndonville with a goal in mind: I wanted to see an amazing show! This weekend, my high school performed it's musical which this year was Gilbert and Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance. I was excited because I was very eager to help out and be involved in a lot of theater all at once and I wanted to be inspired by all of my friends, new friends, and new freshman who joined the ranks of LI Theater. I also wanted a good show to go down for my teacher, Erin who deserved to have an awesome show!

In the end, there was a lot of pouring of the pirate sherry, a stupid (and hilarious!) nurserymaid, a glorious pirate king, some frollicking sisters, a five-year-old Frederick, a model of a modern major general, a straight-up frightened sergeant, and a chorus of extravagant and wild pirates. The show WAS amazing and I am so proud of everybody. They all did magnificent and the audience loved it! It was such a good time. Thank you to all the LI Theater Company for an amazing show, thank you Erin for a great weekend home, and thank you Gilbert and Sullivan for bringing this fantastic piece of theater to us.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment