Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Break

Hey! How was yours? Mine was pretty good. It was relaxing to be home and not doing anything. That was, until I went back to work, but we'll get back to that later, among other things. Needless to say, it was a good break and a much needed one. But now I am happy to be back in Burlington, and excited too!
Anyway, as I said before, this break had a lot going on. The first week was very relaxing, as I didn't have to work that week. Megan came over on Christmas Eve and we made cookies. That was fun. We even made WTF dinosaur shaped cookies. We also went to church together that night. It had been awhile since I had been to church and I know it was for Megan so it was nice. It was a candlelight Christmas Eve service so it was family-oriented and filled with a lot of meaning. Also, we sang a lot of carols so of course we had fun!

The next week I started work. McDonald's. Oh boy. It wasn't that bad though, and I liked all the money I had coming to me. I could always use that! It was then I realized that I really needed to work on my financial aid stuff for college, so I got cooking on that. I also went to an amazing theater dinner party that my high school teacher Erin held. That was fun and we all got to talk about everything we were doing in college. I also attended a wedding and celebrated the coming of the New Year with Megan by watching the new Disney movie The Princess and the Frog.





So basically, it was a good break. Megan was pretty busy over break too, finishing all FIVE seasons of Lost so we can watch the final one together when it comes back on TV. She also made a major life choice which I am very proud of her for and I can see how happy it has made her. (check it out on http://308maple2.blogspot.com/ ) But last night after seeing Megan, Velvet, Ashley, and Joe again in B-town, I am completely ready for a new semester with new classes, my 18th birthday (which is coming up soon...!), Megan's birthday (also coming up soon...!) and many more adventures to come!

Happy New Year!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment