Friday, January 29, 2010

Orthodontist

Today I paid my (hopefully) last visit to the orthodontist. During the end of my eighth grade year and into my freshman and sophomore years of high school I had braces. They were these really gangly, metallic, and horrible things that filled my mouth for a little over two years. They were painful, and I hated them (in case you couldn't already tell). Anyway, they were removed halfway through my sophomore year right before I was cast as the lead in my high school's musical, so it was kind of perfect timing. After that, you know what happens. I got a retainer and I had to wear it every night and I have been wearing it EVERY night.

Well, after today's appointment, I have been recorded as "inactive". That means I never have to go to the orthodontist again unless a problem arises or anything else happens. I only have to wear the retainer 3-4 nights out of the week now. It is amazing and I haven't even started this new routine. I'm so happy because this part of my life, finally being over with the braces and having the teeth now that I will live the rest of my life with, represents a major stepping stone in my life for me. It probably sounds kind of dumb and immature, but I really feel that way. I'm on my way to being the person and adult that I'm going to be for the rest of my life. I'm building the values, morals, family, friends, and life that I want to have. Without braces.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Love youuuuu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids Orthodontist cost A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete