Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quartet

"The Clean Shaves," "The Sick Pups," and "Plaid:" all possible names for this quartet I have started singing with this summer. Last night we had another rehearsal which went fabulously so we began planning our first gig which will hopefully be open mic night at Catamount Arts in St. Johnsbury on July 9th. At least, that's what we're planning. The only things we need are more rehearsals, and a name.

I'm really happy I joined this group. And while our repertoire is entirely barbershop, we're having an awesome time. It's also a great way to keep my voice up during the summer, and in fantastic shape for the musical which begins rehearsing soon. (On another note, I've been promoted in the play apparently and given a bigger part. Not that I didn't love the part I had before, but now I get my own solo song, which you can imagine makes me VERY excited.)

Another wicked awesome plus to this group is its director: Mrs. Fields. Mrs. Fields was, and still remains, the strictest teacher I've ever had. She was the director and teacher of the Select Choral Ensemble at Lyndon Institute when Megan and I were both members. Both of us were in Select Ensemble from our Sophomore through our Senior years. We did so much with that group. So many trips, concerts, rehearsals, recordings, and fun/hard times. And Mrs. Fields was there the whole way. She pushed us extremely hard to be the best and to challenge ourselves to create a team that could succeed at anything we put our minds to. She taught me how to be a performer and a leader, and I am forever grateful for everything she has given me. And though there were moments when Megan and I thought Mrs. Fields was absolutely insane, and times when we were pushed to our absolute breaking point, I think we can both look back now and see how things would never have been the same without her. You can imagine my excitement and joy as last night Mrs. Fields, her husband Ross (who is the tenor in the quartet), and I rocked out to Glee's Don't Stop Believin' over Pete's (in case you've forgotten, my dad's car) stereo system. We harmonized together! I'm so happy to be working with her again, and this quartet really is going to be awesome.

We just need a name...any ideas?

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why blogger wouldn't let me put spaces between paragraphs/format it at all. I'm sorry that it's so crazy.

    ReplyDelete