Friday, June 18, 2010

To-Do Day!

With Megan off partying with Ashley in Cape Cod (Hope you guys are having fun!), I have decided that the next couple of days are going to be To-Do Days. UPDATE BLOG was one of the first things to do on my list which includes cleaning my room and making cookies for Jake (it's his birthday week). So, here I am!

Oh! So Megan introduced me to this "black gum" the other night when I went to visit her at Kinney Drugs (where she works) and to give her a letter to give to Ashley when she sees her. Anyway, she gave me a piece of this new kind of 5 gum (I forget what the flavor is called). First of all, it's delicious and second of all, it's black (like Velvet so you know it's gotta be good!). I highly reccommend it.

Now, on a completely separate note, (actually, maybe a change of key) The Balsams hotel was built in 1895 in Dixville Notch, NH. Back in the day it was a halfway point of hospitality between two different towns across the notch from each other where folks could park their carriages and gossip while smoking cigars. Basically, it's a castle in the mountains. And that's where my grandparents took out whole family for brunch this past Sunday.

It was a very dressy place so after my attempt at being fancy, we all had a very nice meal together although I thought the dessert was the best part. Bread pudding made of homemade raised doughnuts? Whoopies pies? YES!!!

To tell you the truth, the whole place sort of reminded me of the Patrick Swayze movie "Dirty Dancing" with the paddleboats on the lake and planned activities, especially when the recreation director gave us a tour and showed us the "crew housing" where they apparently have their own dance floor. That was pretty cool, but I don't think I had the time of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

It was a very fun and fancy time although after everything my parents and I had to have a Howland moment and go hiking in the notch.

I was rock jumping and I stuck my whole foot in the stream. Maybe I did have the time of my life...

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment