Saturday, October 9, 2010

Driving

I went home Friday night because I promised Chase (you remember Chase right, from QNEK this summer? Here's his website to refresh your memory...) that I would come to see his first show this season, Snoopy! The Musical. It had been such a long time since the summer, and since we had all seen each other. Kat and Lissy were planning on going as well, and I knew that everyone from Curtains would be at the show.

I took the LINK Express from Burlington to Montpelier so my grandmother could pick me up there. It was actually a very nice ride, even though I hadn't been looking forward to it. The foliage was amazing, and it provided a sure sign that we are definitely into fall.

The bus driver was very nice. He gave out free York Peppermint Patties at the card kiosk. Yeah, a little sketchy I know, and I'm not supposed to take candy from strangers, but...He also had his bus decorated with animals from Africa like elephants, giraffes, and lions so it basically felt like you were on an African safari when really you were just going to Montpelier. I did feel really bad for this one older gentleman on the bus. I'm not entirely sure what his nationality was, but he had a very thick accent. He was saying that we was lost, and then he started talking with the guy sitting in front of me. The guys asked him where he was going, and the man replied,

"To my wife's funeral. She died of liver cancer."

Then he started weeping on the bus. It was horrible and so sad. My heart poured out to this poor man. I only hope that there were people in Montpelier to take care of him, it looked like he needed someone.

After a fantastic lunch with my grandmother, and the drive through US Rt. 2, I made it home to find my mom frosting a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It was good to be home.

Patches was very happy to see me.
It was also really fun to be able to drive again. I hadn't noticed how much I actually missed driving at college. I'm never even riding in a car at college. I mean, I closest I get to it is riding in a CCTA bus, and that's just not it. So driving to the Haskell like I had been doing all summer was a pretty amazing and relaxing experience. It was awesome to see everyone that I had had so much fun with over the summer again. I really did miss them.
Today I had to return to Btown which meant actually getting up this morning after being out until an ungodly hour (we stayed and chatted it up in Chase's mansion). After a home-cooked meal, my mom and I trekked back with a lot of stuff to bring back to my dorm. Including the cake... All in all, it was a good break for the moment, and it was exactly what I needed. Now for another stressful (but rewarding!) week. Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend!



Peace out!

P.S. If you're looking for a movie to see, I would definitely suggest Life As We Know It starring Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, and a wicked cute baby. It is an adorable movie and it will make you feel good. Speaking of cute babies, here are some new pictures of Iris!



No comments:

Post a Comment