Saturday, October 2, 2010

Silver Lining

Good morning! Happy October! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a very long time. I've been so busy. Work, class, and other things just will never end. It's what I signed up for, though, so I really can't complain. This has been kind of a hard week. There's been a lot going on at the theater and the work has been piling up like crazy. Things have been stressful. It's also been raining a lot. I mean A LOT. Thursday night I left my window open and my fan on while I went to go sell concessions during intermission of opening night of Cloud 9. It wasn't raining hard, and it was hot in my room. When I got back, it started down pouring. Like torrential rain. It was like Burlington had entered monsoon season. My window was not happy. Water started pouring in and gushing into my room from the window. Water built up all over the windowsill and spilled over onto my comforter and sheets. It was like when Charlie died at the end of season 3 of Lost.



That's basically what it was like. I scrambled to throw towels on the windowsill, and then I slammed the window shut. But then, because my window is so wide, the window itself started filling up with water! So then I had to climb on top of my bed and close the storm. Finally, I had conquered Mother Nature. I did not have it as bad as the girls down the hall. Their walls were actually leaking so it looked like a creepy waterfall cascading down their walls. The basement leaked, too, as if anything else needed to happen.

This rain has sucked. I mean, not only does it flood your dorm but it also rips your umbrella, soaks all your stuff (especially papers), muddies your boots, darkens the sky, and it makes you depressed. There are also some good things associated with rain, as there were good things that came from this week from the Silver Lining. For instance:

1. Warm rain makes it fun to walk to Champ Farms with your friend Megan. Especially when you forgo your umbrella and take Mother Nature by storm. Also when you stand under a giant waterfall coming off the top of a middle school.

2. After a rainy day, you can get gorgeous sunsets:

3. You can have Lost moments (see above).

4. You actually HAVE to stay inside and do work.

5. It creates a nice cool breeze that is a fantastic contrast to hot weather.

Anyway, I hope you've found the Silver Lining in your week. I know it may be hard to find, especially when things are going so crazy, but it's there. And also, it's always fun to laugh through rough times. Just take everything with a grain of salt and when need be walk without an umbrella to Champ Farms in a torrential rainstorm. Everything works out.

Peace out!

1 comment: