Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fever Dream

About a month ago I learned about auditions for a new reality TV show on the Oxygen network called The Glee Project.


I found it online and freaked. Basically, the show is a competition like American Idol for young singers/dancers/actors 18 and up competing for a multi-episode guest spot in season 3 of Glee. Yeah, totally sweet and an awesome opportunity. Here's the thing: the casting calls are in Chicago and Dallas. And plane tickets are totally crap. When I first found out about it, I immediately called my parents (after just talking with them on the phone not five minutes before) and said:

"So, what's the chance of us going to Dallas, Texas over break?"

Needless to say, that tack didn't quite take. Then we had a talk. The filming of the show is right in the middle of this next semester. So even if I did get in, it would mean taking a semester off. I tried to explain how it would be SO worth it, and how auditioning never hurts, but it wasn't working.

The Chicago calls were in December and now the Dallas ones are this weekend. I'm sad because "Don't Rain on my Parade" and "And I Am Telling You" are both on the song list and I know I can belt out some crazy covers of both, but I do see the effect it would have on school and my financial woes. I guess this is just on fever dream that's going to have to stay with me.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. I'd be really sad if you took a semester off. :( But I know your parents would never let you so that's okay. :D <3 It would be really awesome if you were on Glee though. Either way, I'm just happy that you're my college buddy.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry, darling! I know how you feel. I do agree with meg, though :p

    ReplyDelete