Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Episode 601: LA X


LOST IS BACK!!! With the departure of Glee until April, the members of 308 (really just Megan, Ashley, and I because Velvet hates it) have replaced Glee presently with ABC's Lost! Now, I have been watching Lost the past five years of my life. I was in the moment when Claire gave birth to Aaron, when Boone died, when Juliet talked to Jack behind thick plexiglass, when Tom said, "this is OUR island!", and especially when Juliet made the nuclear hydrogen bomb go off at the end of last season. Lost is a work of pure art with fantastic acting, an amazing and twisted storyplot that has been told in one of the most creative ways possible. I love Lost. Megan and Ashley have caught up completely thorugh all five seasons, a feat which I commend them both on. Watching five seasons of a TV show in a span of three months is pretty accomplished. Especially Megan who spent all of her Christmas break watching it. But that's the power of Lost!

What I am going to attempt to do is have a blog post every Wednesday with my review and thoughts on the previous night's episode of Lost because it's basically that important to me. Lost has been major inspiration to me in my acting, creative flow, and art styles. Seriously. So I'm going to pay homage to the final season the best way I can. BE WARNED: When I talk about the episodes, there is going to be a lot of SPOILERS if you have not watched the episode yet. I suggest going to http://abc.go.com/shows/lost to catch up first.

Okay, on to this week's epsiode which is the season premiere (obviously) entitled "LA X". The episode began with right where we left off at the end of last season. Juliet detonated the hydrogen bomb "Jughead". But, after the white flash, we saw Jack back on flight 815 with Rose sitting right next to him! It's like episode 1 all over again! The only thing is, things are a little different. Hurley is the luckiest man alive (what!?), Boone is alive without Shannon, Locke is alive, Charlie is alive (but almost dies), and Desmond is a passenger! Some wild stuff is going on especially when we see that the island is sunk underwater. What did Jughead do? Next we see that all the same people from before (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Miles, Sayid, etc.) are still on the island, in the present only Juliet is dead after being buried under the imploded rubble of the old Swan Station! Two different timelines!? Damon and Carlton were right when they said that the flashbacks were going to be way different. I can't wait to see how this plays out in the next episodes to come.

We also learned that the bad guy with Jacob who killed him through Ben is the Smoke Monster who has now taken the form of John Locke, who is officially dead! I'm guessing that the smoke monster was also Jack's father Christian on the island and Yemi, Mr. Eko's brother. Things are sort of beginning to make sense...sort of. We also find that there is another group of Others on the island. I think that these people are Jacob-worshippers and this is an ancient religion of some sort that migrated to island some time ago, but that's just a hypothesis. Anyway, they drown Sayid in a pool of disgusting water that apparently wasn't disgusting before, and Sayid comes back to life! What is going on!? Guess we'll have to find out next week....

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment