Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Concert

"HAHA!" roared global climate change. "I control the weather now!"
"No!" cried Mother Nature, her shriek shattering the tops of the trees nearby. "I will not let your evil reign!"
And with that, Mother Nature pulled out her battleaxe and battered global climate change down, letting the clouds rip open and the soft snow drift to the ground. The winds blew and flung the snow around, plowing it to the ground.

It's snowing again today. I was so happy when I looked out the window this morning. It's a storm. A rip-roaring noreaster whose fury can destroy even the greatest global climate change has to offer. I mean, it's coming down. Everything is covered in white and shines in the semi light. The trees are highlighted by the white covering provided to them by Mother Nature. It's perfect. Winter is perfect.

Anyway, I bet you're wondering how the concert went last night. I was able to overcome this cold enough to the point where I was able to get out the notes I needed to for these songs, but that's it. I'm working on the rest though. This weekend was exactly what I needed and I think I'm doing a good job taking care of myself. It's not the first time I've had to do a concert sick. One time, I sang at one of our Select Choral Ensemble benefits sick. I had a solo too. My sophomore year, I played every show of You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown sick. I was Charlie Brown. Good times all around. Powering through a cold is hard, but it can be fun at the same time. Lying around and taking cold medication. Fun.

I'm really happy to be a part of Music Makers. I'm really happy to be a part of a music group at all. Singing is just too much fun to not partake of it. Especially at Christmas. I think this is the beginning of a great relationship with Music Makers. Can't wait till next semester!

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. I fucking love you! <3 I love that I get you into every music group you've ever been in. Hahahahahaha.
    P.S. Alleluia, Alleluia and Follow That Start were my two faves from last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Ryan. And snow. <333333

    ReplyDelete