Saturday, December 12, 2009

Think About It

Sorry it's been awhile Three days to be exact. I've been thinking a lot about a lot of different things lately, and I've been quite busy. That seems to happen around this time doesn't it? There are finals, and Christmas, and concerts, and social gatherings. Everything needs to be maintained and everyone needs to be pleased. I am very excited for Christmas this year mostly because I have the money to buy my friends and family actual presents. But I still feel like I'm mostly going to make them except maybe for my parents. I guess what I really want to do is share with you what I'm getting everybody. OK, here goes:

THIS MATERIAL HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY THE CHRISTMAS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA. THIS MATERIAL HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY THE CHRISTMAS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA. THIS MATERIAL HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY THE CHRISTMAS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA. THIS MATERIAL HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY THE CHRISTMAS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA. THIS MATERIAL HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY THE CHRISTMAS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA.

Awesome ideas, huh? Yeah, I basically can't wait until next Friday when it has been decided that 308 will distribute their gifts. It's going to be a good time.

But that's not really what I wanted to talk about. What I wanted to talk about is how people seem to hate anything sad. What has been brought to my attention lately is how people hate any cathartic and how they put side blinders on to block out anything sad or depressing that may be going on in the world. My mind has been completely opened this semester to all these kinds of things, but especially last night at the Festival of Lights concert that Music Makers sang at. There were so many different cultures talking about all the different holidays celebrated during this time, but there were also stories of people who have had horrible things happen to them, and have recovered. They use this time, this holiday season, to reflect upon these things. I think it's time we take a more optimistic outlook on life. Those times when things are bad are the things that can only make us stronger. I'm tired about people complaining and pitying themselves. It's time to take control, learn, and grow. So watch that dramatic movie and cry, listen to the "Christmas Shoes" song and feel something for that boy, and most importantly, don't put side blinders on to the world.

Those are my words of wisdom for the day.

Peace out!

1 comment: