Friday, December 18, 2009

Going Home/The Misadventures of Velvet, Ashley, and Ryan/Lunch

I'm looking at that suitcase over in the corner of my room and I know it has to be packed...but I really don't want to do the work. All my focus right now is going into what's going to happen tonight. Tonight is the Christmas gift exchange at 308!!!! It's going to be amazing. We all got each other presents and out them under this really puny fake tree Ashley brought from home. It's pretty excellent. And as I said in an earlier post, my present for Megan and everyone else is amazing. I can't wait to see what happens tonight!

Speaking of Christmas gifts, yesterday Velvet, Ashley, and I all hung out and ran around Burlington trying to finish our shopping and packing routines. I had one thing I had to do while Velvet has a list a mile long of Christmas gifts to get. Ashley has a couple things to do. Here is my list of reasons why not to wait until the day before the exchange to go Christmas shopping: (I say these things because this is what ACTUALLY happened)

1. You might end up gallavanting all over the city of Burlington in freezing cold weather.
2. You might end up being stuck on a bus and not being able to get off because people won't move out the way, leaving you stranded away from your shopping buddies.
3. You might have to go into Victoria's Secret with Velvet and have her spray perfume all over your hand because she can't find the little papers.
4. You might lose Ashley in the mall.
5. You might drag Velvet's HUGE packed suitcase down the sidewalk because she has too many shopping bags.
6. You might have to unpack everything out of said suitcase in order to find the key to someone else's dorm (308) to get in and out of the freezing cold.
7. You might drop dead on Church Street from extreme hypothermia.
8. And yet...despite everything....you might just find what you're looking for

Also yesterday was my last final. Yay! I'm officially done with my first semester of college! The only thing is, it was my acting final and as amazing as it was, I was sad that the class was over as was basically everyone there. We had all grown so attached to each other that it was hard to think about not having class all together, especially acting class. So we all had lunch together. Granted, it wasn't like going to Dobra Tea or anything, it was just Cooks Commons, but it was nice having everyone together for just one more moment. Although, most of us are in biology together next semester, so I can't wait for us to see each other again! Have an awesome Christmas guys!!!

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. K, the tree isn't puny; it's little and cute. And I didn't get lost!!!! :p
    But yeah, yesterday was amazinging. And fucking frigid. And tonight will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete