Friday, November 13, 2009

Anticipation

Anticipation is one of those emotions that makes you giddy and want to jump around like a little school girl. It also can be damaging, but we won't go there. What I want to talk about is the good kind of anticipation: the anticipation of a vistor, the anticipation of performing, and the anticipation of work (although that one isn't really as good).

This afternoon, my best friend Jake is coming over to hang out this weekend. Jake and I go way back. I think it was second grade we met and we've been friends ever since. Jake is awesome and I can't wait to see him because it's been a pretty long time since the last time we saw each other. He goes to Castleton State College and he is a technical theater major (lighting design, pretty awesome, why are we all not involved in theater?). I just hope we find some stuff to do, but it's going to be hard seeing how much I have to do this weekend with performances and such.

How about those performances? With opening night last night, we are beginning a ten performance run (I'm pretty sure it's ten, haven't done an official count) for two weekends. I'm stoked. It's so much fun performing in this theater because it's a black box, not what I'm attuned to. Also this Sunday are auditions to be in the musical Godspell. I'm really nervous because I have to sing and this theater hasn't really heard me sing yet. It's nerve racking. But I am going to sing "Purpose" from Avenue Q so that makes it worthwhile.

Along with the performances, and Jake coming over I also have to deal with all this work coming at me before Thanksgiving break. I have a test, a project due, a paper to write...yeah. It's okay, though, I got this!

The biggest anticipation I think I have right now is for Thanksgiving break. I can't wait to go home and eat FOOD! Real food, not the crap they serve here.

Well, right now I'm anticipating my laundry to be coming out of the dryer. Better go handle that.

Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Real food!!!! I'm toes stoked for that, too :D
    And I'm crossing my fingers that you get into Godspell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Break 80 legs as Ashley would say!!!!

    Tell Jake I said heyyyy. I'm SOOO excited to go see Luke tonight, seriously. That's MY anticipation.

    See you soooooooooooooooooooooooon.
    Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! good times all around! thank you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete