Monday, November 9, 2009

Theater



The theater is an awkward place. It always has been, and it always will be. It is a place of immense artistic, intrinsic, and emotional value but it's also a place of awkward chats and sexual references. It is also the place where relationships can start, end, build, and be destroyed. It's where magic can happen or disaster can strike. The theater can strengthen and it can humble.

My theater (well, my high school theater) was my home for the past four years of my life. Now I'm facing wicked withdrawal and separation anxiety. I'm not saying that this theater here at UVM isn't awesome, because it is. I just...I'm not...I don't know what I'm trying to say. I think it's just because I'm not totally submersed in it yet. I need to do more. Right now, I feel very stagnant.

This theater has many promising qualities. There are many opportunities to get into productions here, and I found out yesterday that a theater major puts in more credit hours than a medical student here. That's kind of ridiculous but awesome at the same time. I have so much theater to look forward. But that's the point. Look forward. I want to do it now!

Maybe someday soon...

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I love youuu!!! Hang in there sweetie. Soon you'll have so much theatre you won't have time for Glee *gasp!!!*

    Be like Cinder and cling to that curtain when I walk in the door! You TOES got this!!!

    ReplyDelete