Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nightmare

I had a nightmare last night. It was about the end of the semester and I was going home for Christmas break. I had to go back there. Back to the sweaty, greasy, shitfilled hell of despair and torment that was my workplace. McDonald's. Yes, I work at McDonald's. It's a job, OK? Don't judge me!

Anyway, in my nightmare I went to the back and told my boss that I was available for all of Christmas break (Which is what I'm planning on doing at this time in the real world, not the dream world), and that was when my boss nodded his head and wrote on a piece of paper my hours for the next day (Mind you, he didn't speak this whole time, it was very weird. The only time he did say something was when he said hi to me. Weird.) and I saw them: 6:30 am-9:30 pm. I woke up in a cold sweat. I'm not kidding, this really happened last night.

Needless to say, it was one of the scariest moments of my life. I like the fact that working gives me my own money to spend and save, and it has helped me to build a pretty solid account, one that I'm proud of. I like my newfound financial freedom, even though I've found that I'm pretty stingy. I don't like where I work. At all. Not only is it usually 105 degrees in the grill where I work, but I also have to watch out because one of the drug dealers that works there might just shank me to steal my cell phone and sell it for cocaine. It's a scary workplace and I don't think I was built for it. But alas, here I am.

Christmas break is going to be pretty crappy with all of this, but it's nothing I can't handle. And I'll have the next semester to look forward to. Summer is going to be awesome, however because not only am I going to be working and making money, but I'm also going to be a leading role in a musical over the summer. This theater company that I have worked with before in Derby, VT wants to cast me as the lead. SCORE! I'm pretty excited to actually give my boss availabilities for once. I have a life! I won't be a slave to the man!

Hells yeah!

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you. You're so good with your money. :) I...have a lot of bills....unfortunately. :( I wish I could go back in time and build up a solid bank account. That would be kind of awesome.

    ReplyDelete