Sunday, November 29, 2009

Did You Have a Good Thanksgiving?

I'm back in burly world! Back to the land of internet, TV, homelessness (as Megan just pointed out to me), noise, and class. Oh boy. The good news is I drove here so that was fun. I didn't kill anybody either. Joe was pretty scared, but I think after awhile he relaxed. The thing about my driving is I'm not really defensive, I just play it safe. That sort of sounds like a metaphor for my life. Kind of funny when you think about it.

Seriously...how was your Thanksgiving? Mine was pretty low-key. I actually cooked the dinner this Thanksgiving. My mom had to go in for surgery on Tuesday, the same day I came home so she wasn't able to. She fine now, by the way, and she seems to be healing pretty well. I just get nervous.

I was pretty proud of how well I was able to get everything together. My dad and I worked on Wednesday to prepare everything to be cooked on Thanksgiving day. I peeled the potatoes, baked a pumpkin pie, and cooked the stuffing. My dad washed the dishes. I guess he didn't really want to get his hands dirty.

Thanksgiving was a day where I got to pull out my inner Julia Child and rock out the home cooked meal thing. It was good too. Everything came together perfectly. The turkey was juicy, the potatoes creamy, the pumpkin pie spicy yet sweet, the squash yummy, and the gravy full of fat. Yep, the perfect Thanksgiving. Megan and I were also able to pull off our plan of bringing Velvet Thanksgiving. We weren't able to bring her to Lyndonville because Megan's gram didn't want us pulling off two trips to Burlington but we brought her a whole bunch of yummy Turkey Day food.

A good day. A good vacation. Now we're back.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment