Monday, March 15, 2010

Eleemosynary

Saturday was amazing. After a long week at home working in the LI theater, preparing everything for the regional festival, it all came to a grand finale on Saturday. The night before, while on the phone with Megan, I prepared a lesson plan for the improv workshop I was leading and highlighting my schedule, making note of the in case of emergency phone numbers, just in case. I felt like a complete theater teacher. I loved it! It was much more stressful than I thought it was going to be, especially in the morning trying to get all the school groups registered and where they were supposed to be. It was like I had asked them to perform rocket science. But it was an amazing time nonetheless.

I have to give it up to Ashley Audette, Jill Bearce, and Heather Libbey (the leading ladies of LI's one act Eleemosynary) and the cast and crew of the show because they were one of the two schools chosen to move onto the state festival! I am so proud of them, they deserved everything that came to them, and the show was absolutely amazing. Erin was so impressed and basically excited about the whole deal, and while Jake blasted We Are the Champions over the loud speakers, I could tell just how amazing they were! I love you guys!!

Also at the festival, I got to see one of my old friends from Shout It Out who I haven't seen in two years. Anna Martel! She was there with her school performing. She was excellent!

Joe, Megan, and I returned to Burly World Sunday afternoon. The first thing Joe and I did when we got back was go to the dining hall to try and get something to eat. UVM DINING HALL FAIL. It was closed, but we ended up ordering Wings at 308, which basically made everything better. I was NOT looking forward to going to class the next day, at all. Ever.
But I did go to class today. Unfortunetely, I did go to English and Spanish today while trying to catch up on my reading. I did get my Spanish exam back though to find that I got a 95 on the exam! I might just have a hope for this class after all even though the professor is basically a tyrant, but we'll go with that. After my class, Megan (mmmmm...Megan) and Velvet met me to hang out for an hour before my theater lab today. Yeah, that was an epic fail. My theater lab was cancelled so instead of going to the gym, Megan and Velvet decided to grab me and go on an epic spring tour of the city of Burlington, taking pictures all the way. Here is the result of our labors:


It was a beautiful day. Spring is on it's way!

Peace out!

P.S. Megan finally got her pictures from her birthday uploaded. This is one of our favorites....



1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of LI!!!!! And, yesterday was amazing. LMFAO! <3

    ReplyDelete