Friday, March 19, 2010

Vermont Spring

Today again continues the string of beautiful spring Vermont days we've had the past couple of weeks. Because it was so beautiful outside (and as Megan prescribed) I spent my afternoon outside once I got out of class. Actually I'm writing this while chilling outside on the University Green, so...Anyway, it's gorgeous out here. I'm just hanging out listening to Avenue Q and talking to Megan on facebook. It's a great time. I'm also people watching which is also fun.

I decided to make the Billings Center Tower my own personal candy bar.

Spring in Vermont is hilarious because as we start to thaw out from the winter deep freeze, 64 degrees starts to sound like a heat wave. So, we strip. Megan and I decided to wear short today, but I saw several shirtless people today on my walk to class. You can always tell the Vermonters from out of staters during this time. The Vermonters aren't wearing hardly anything while the out of staters (while we still love them), who still haven't figured out this whole cold thing are still wearing their winter jackets and chattering their teeth. Yep, it's a good time.

What was also a very good time was last night when Bess O'Brien picked me up from history class and brought me to a showing of Shout It Out at the S. Burlington high school. The group there was so excited to have us there, and I was happy to be there to answer and have a good time. It was also really awesome to see Bess and Annalise again. Also, and this is the big one folks, Bess asked if I would come with her and Annalise to New Orleans this summer to accept the Civil Rights Award that was awarded to the film from the National Education Association! I almost jumped out of my pants I was so excited. Now, I know what you're thinking and I was thinking this too: wow Ryan, you're already pretty packed this summer what with work and the QNEK play you have committed to. I think this is early enough in advance so I can let everyone involved know and it should be fine. I'M GOING TO NEW ORLEANS!

Now get outside and have fun in the sun!

Peace out!

2 comments: