Thursday, March 4, 2010

Theater Things in the Works

I just want to start by giving my deepest condolances to Velvet and her family. She's going through a very rough time right now, and I just want to say how I sorry I am. Love you girl!

There are a lot of things in theater coming up for me. For starters, last night was the first rehearsal for The Magic Table, the Gold Donkey, and the Cudgel in the Sack, a one act play to be performed during the senior's final project one act theater festival in April. I am so excited to be a part of it and to work hard again on a show. It's based on a Grimm brother's fairytale and it is incorporating Commedia del'arte, and Italian style of theater with masks. That's an awesome thing to have on a resume!

Also, this whole week during spring break I will be spending my time helping out at good ole LI. They are hosting the regional one act play festival next Saturday. They will also be performing a play that I wrote as an opener to the festival. I'm going to help direct, and to host a workshop during the day of the festival. Mainly I'm there to watch them perform. I can't wait to see them shine! (again!)

Finally, after having just checked my email, I noticed that Bess O'Brien has invited Annalise and I to a showing of Shout It Out at the South Burlington High School. It's on March 18th. It's been such a long time since I've been to a showing, the last one being this past summer when my parents and I went to Woods Hole, MA to a film festival where it was being shown. Now I get to go right here in town! Should be fun!

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, three things.

    1. You're awesome
    2. The best commedia del arte play is For the Love of Three Oranges. I have no idea where to find it, but I'll see if I still have it when I go home!
    3. You should still come to Woods Hole this year. And you know, maybe Dennis, too.

    ReplyDelete