Friday, April 16, 2010

Episode 612: Everybody Loves Hugo

Yay! We finally watched this episode! Sorry this is so late, but we finally got a chance to watch this episode all together. Now, I know I said that "Dr. Linus" was the best episode so far, but now we have a new best episode! This one was absolutely amazing. But before we go into all that, I had my room selection today and my dreams have come true. I got my single in Converse! WHOOT!

I'm living in a castle next year!

SPOILER ALERT! http://abc.go.com/shows/lost SPOILER ALERT!

This episode was Hurley centric as the title indicates which is obviously a play on the season 2 episode "Everybody Hates Hugo." This episode lives up to everything Lost is. It was beautiful, and it seriously advanced the plot. The flash-sideways seem to be coming to a point. Desmond is working to bring the passengers of 815 together again by helping them remember their other life and destiny. Libby and Hurley reconnecting was absolutely amazing to see. Their relationship on this show has been entirely established and we really see the love they share for each other.

On island, some serious crap went down. First of all, Ilana=best Lost death ever. Her blowing up was even almost better than Nadia's death and although it was a match to Artz's death back in season 1, it was better because it was completely unexpected. I'm curious to see what this means about Jacob. Ilana was chosen and trained her whole life by Jacob for the mission of the island. Does this mean destiny is not really what it means?

Also, we learned what the whispers in the jungle are. They are the souls of people who are stuck on the island because they cannot move on. I am very glad this question was answered and it seems to make sense now with Walt back in season 2 with the whispers. Because Walt is special and can manipulate things (mainly death, I'm feeling as though he can see spirits) he was able to "communicate" with Shannon and later with Locke through these spirits. Now Michael is trapped on the island. Serves him right.

Now, about Desmond's death. I'm not sure where to place it and I'm definetely not sure what is going on with the flash-sideways and Desmond running Locke down even though it was pretty cool to see Desmond completely Nadia Locke. (Nadia is the term for someone getting run over now.) I think Not-Locke threw Desmond down the well because he knows that Desmond is important to his demise. I think Widmore is looking to defeat Smokey (as Not-Locke said, this is war) but for his own ends. Either way, Smokey needs to be defeated, obviously.

The plot has seriously been moved along especially because the two camps have now merged into one, something I definetely wasn't expecting. Everthing is coming to a climax, a war and battle of good and evil, and control of the island.

I love it.

Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your new dorm :) We are so playing with the ouija board over there, mkay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK good plan but most def not in my room. I don't want crazy ass spirits flying all over my head. Common room, K? hahahaa

    ReplyDelete