Sunday, April 11, 2010

What We Do During The Weekend

This weekend has been nuts. I'm going to attempt to give my side of the story on things, if you want another view check out Megan's blog (http://308maple2.blogspot.com/). It all started on Friday when Velvet (through the urging of her Mom) decided that she needed to visit the hospital for her ankle which has been really hurting her the past week, despite my tries to heal it by kissing it. Yeah, I'm that juvenile. I think any boo-boo can be cured by kissing. For reals, it works. I kissed Megan's papercut and the next day she totally said that it felt better. TRUE STORY.

Anyway, instead of accepting a ride from Meg Sealey (Megan's former supervisor/present academic advisor, remember?) who was completely willing to give us a ride to the hospital, we decided to instead walk to the Flectcher Allen emergency room at 10:30 at night. Awesome. So we get to the hospital (all of us: Me, Velvet, Megan, and Ashley) after bringing a whole bunch of things to do in the waiting room (Ashley basically filled her purse). Velvet was admitted right away, and we decided to play Uno (Well, Ashley and I did. Megan watched.) while we waited. It was epic and very competitive. So, while Ashley and I are swearing at each other and throwing Uno cards trying to beat each other, several people are also admitted to the one triage open in the emergency room because it was technically "after hours". This was where I became pissed.
Okay, so first came a police officer (the po-po) and a man in handcuffs (the felon). The po-po led the felon into the triage where the nurse dude promptly stuck an IV into the felon. EWWW!!! Meanwhile, this poor guy and his mom come into the waiting room holding one of the small pink hospital buckets with gauze. The man (don't read if you're squeamish) was coughing/puking up mucus and blood. I felt so bad for him because he was basically crying at his mom for help and this stupid felon guy was being treated instead in the ONE triage! In my mind, that was some horrible social justice going down in that emergency room. to add insult to injury, as the po-po led the felon out of the triage, the felon was smiling and laughing, thinking the whole stupid situation was a big joke. Finally, the poor guy was treated. I hope he's okay....

Velvet was fine even though after it had been an hour and a half, I was worried about her. They did an x-ray and everything just to tell her that her ankle was inflamed and she needed to keep ice on it and take ibuprofen. She didn't even get any cool or fun pills out of the deal. Ridiculous!

See? She's completely fine. :)

After a night of cuddling and sleeping on the mattresses in the living room, we spent all of yesterday (Saturday) doing homework and projects. Megan has this twelve pager and I have two 5 pagers due and two presentations. It's crazy craziness going down but I think we're getting a handle on it. Megan and I also ending up taking a pretty epic walk last night and we found out where the Intervale (a farming community operated by UVM) was, only we thought we were completely lost. Or in the fifth dimension. Anyway, it was fun. I also got a call from my parents telling me they went to visit my brother and his wife. They're pregnant with a baby girl and I have to say I'm really excited to have a niece. I'm already an uncle through my other brother's twin boys, but now I get to have a niece too! Awesome!

And today I had tech rehearsal for the play which opens on Saturday and we're also continuing the epic homework party. Oh, I almost forgot! This weekend we also discovered (well, Megan found it before any of us) these two girls who are absolutely amazing. They're called RINontheROX and they're harmonies are absolutely fantastic. Just see for yourself:

Let the weekend live on!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment