Friday, April 2, 2010

History

hFirst of all, couple of things:
1) Hope you like the fish! They're really fun and you can feed them if you want!
2) My flat for my theater class is coming along (I hope), although there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. Last week I painted it to look like half wood/half marble:

Then I had to paint the whole thing white over. I cried. But it's okay, because now I'm getting started on drawing and painted the Glee logo on it for my final project! I think it's coming along okay, but I think a lot of things need tweaking, things I just noticed as I was looking at the picture I took:


3) This weekend, Megan and I are locking ourselves in the library all day, both days (except for when I have to go to rehearsal, then I'm right back there!) to finish a crap load of projects that are coming up and there won't be much time for after this weekend. It's going to be crazy. Also on the docit for this weekend is a play and my parents coming for Easter dinner in B-town!

Last night Ashley, Megan, and I took a night walk down to Champ Farms and then we went down to the waterfront where we sat in front of One Main St. eating our Champ Farms wares and then traversing around by the railyard and all around the waterfront, taking a pitstop in the Hilton, and then going down Battery St. to Maple St. and back up to 308. It was an excellent journey.

In my history class this week we've been talking about the market revolution and how it effected trade in America. The switch from artisanship to manufacturing goods changed the way America operates and the development of the different transportation systems in American (canals, railroads, and roads themselves) opened the gateways to new trade. We used Burlington, VT as an example talking about different businessmen and how they made it rich during this age of America's history. We talked about their homes and specific business buildings still in Burlington around the waterfron that are still there today. Our professor challenged the class to find these buildings.

That's what I did during our journey back to 308. I found a lot of the buildings my professor was talking about and it made history incredibly interesting to me. It was like I was on an adventure. Megan and I also checked out houses we want to live in and came up with ideas for our future house. It was a fantastic time. And that's why I love college.

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. See? We need to do night walks more often. Because they're awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete