Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Big Doings

There's a lot of stuff going down here in the big, bad burly world (I did not coin this phrase...Jess did.) so I figured I would list them below:

1. I went home this weekend. I had a delightful time what with having a massive Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents' house and finally getting to sleep in my own queen-sized bed. I also got to retrieve some new headphones. They're actually not new, they're just a spare I was keeping... But they replaced my old ones that almost KILLED me.

2. I got a huge collection of books to start research for this stupid religion project...AND I found another one of my group members. I informed them about the idea of individual research and then putting it altogether. She didn't enjoy this idea...obviously it's too much work. WELCOME TO COLLEGE, PEOPLE!!!

3. I signed up for the musical theater workshop here at UVM on Nov. 1st. This is also the informational meeting for Godspell auditions which are coming up soon! Now I have to prepare 16 bars from an uptempo musical number. Good thing I have a repertoire!

4. The monologue jukebox fundraiser that I was so psyched to be a part of was rained out today. But we still have Friday! You wanna know what else was cancelled? My costume fitting! Now I still have to wait to see my epic costume. Damn.

5. This monologue that I have to do for my theater class is really hard to memorize. WHY CAN'T HE JUST SPEAK CLEAR ENGLISH??? Well, because he's a hypochondriac... I DON'T CARE!!!

6. I found out I have rehearsal Thursday night. The same as the awesome Halloween dance party at Champlain. Good thing Megan came to my rescue. My rehearsal should be out in time, and we'll just go later. Along with this, I still have rehearsal on Saturday making it impossible to go home. AND Jess has to work until midnight so those Halloween plans fail. But we're just going to go trick-or-treating, watch some scary movies, and call it a night so it's not too bad.


7. I am officially a member of Music Makers! Thanks to a certain Velvet Williams who wonderfully asked Becky (the director) if I could join Music Makers, the kick ass singing group at Champlain, I am now a member! Starting next week, I get to go to all rehearsals! The only thing hinging on me performing at the concert is the fact that I haven't learned any of the music. but what Becky doesn't know is that I was in Select Choral Ensemble, I can do anything with music!! (not really...)

8. And on top of all that...there's no Glee tonight. Crap. All there is is the stupid World Series. Who needs that? Pssshhh! Oh well. We'll just have to find some other way to entertain ourselves at 308 tonight.

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Psssst....Eastwick is still available!!!! 10 pm people!

    Until then, I vote having a chorale so we can learn some music n' shit! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY music!

    PS my key world to post this comment was "oafwar" What the hell is an oaf war?

    ReplyDelete