Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Fight With A Washing Machine

I decided to do my laundry today because my hamper was overflowing and I'm not going to have time tomorrow what with filming a movie and all (I read the script, it's awesome. I'm playing a hitman. Woot!).

So I carried my epic amount of laundry down the stairs to the laundry room where I found that not many people do their laundry on Thursdays. Almost all the machines were opena nd there wasn't anyone in there. I guess this is a good thing seeing how what happened next would not have fun with someone watching...

I loaded one of the machines, poured my detergent in, shut the door, swiped my card, and "started" the machine. Nothing happened. The water ran, but the machine wasn't going. I was baffled. Why wasn't the machine sloshing and moving and making noises like it was going to eat me? Needless to say I got very impatient with the machine so I stopped it and threw my sopping wet clothes into the machine next to it, spreading soapy water all over the door and all down myself, and started that one up. The water ran, and nothing. So now I have two machines going, one empty and one full. I decided to just let it go.

When I came back, the laundry was all clean and dandy. It just goes to show that patience is a virtue...a virtue I don't have.

The moral of this story: leave the washer alone. It'll do its thing if you let it.

Until next time,

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment